Saturday, August 9, 2008

Exercise #9

I have been looking at Technorati and have found it quite staggering how many bloggers there are, and how huge the blogosphere is. I think this site is reasonably easy to search for what you want.
Searching for Web 2.0, as the exercise asked us to, yielded interesting results like this: Blog posts 119, 133; Blogs 15,875. Both Blogs and Posts had 10 related tags, all with thousands of entries. The actual Web.2.0 tag yielded 32,171 hits. When I entered Web 2.0 into the Blog directory there were loads of pages of hits, but no actual number of results was given. The same goes for searches under Photos and Videos - plenty of hits, but no specific number. I wonder why.
I don't know if I'll use Technorati when this programme is over, but as a starting point for searching blogs it would be very useful.

No comments: